- Privacy Awareness Week 2013 more ...
- Why people find privacy important watch NSW video here
- Welcome to PAW 2013 by the Australian Privacy Commissione rmore...
Hamburg's DPA fines Google for Street View more ...
Data Privacy Day more ...
- Federal Court affirms AAT's FOI decision that documents of the Official Secretary to the Governor-General are exempt from FOI unless documents relate to matters of an administrative nature decision ...
- 28 January 2013: Data Privacy Day more ...
- European Union endorses NZ Privacy Act more ... & Kiwi businesses will benefit here ...
Changes to Privacy Act allow storage of biometric data in Police databases more ...
Victoria's first Information Commissioner started on 1 December more ...
Biggest changes to Privacy Act in 20 years starting March 2014 more ...
2011-2012 Annual Report here
Victorian Privacy e-Card Competion ends 14 December more ...
- Sweeping changes to the Australian Privacy Act following parliamentary report. Read the full story
- Do Not Call Register - If you signed up when it started, it may be time to re-register details
Have a Voice - Understanding your rights- Seminar for Seniors - 16 August 2012 - details and overview of the six participating Commissions/Offices remain here
37th APPA Forum Communique here
Joint media release re naming and shaming children and young people here
Privacy tips, poster and Seniors' cards for Privacy Awareness Week (PAW 2012) are stillavailable here
- Prima Facie Decisions - Summaries of FOI and Privacy complaints to the Commissioner now published. more
Results of the survey by International Privacy Commissioners
The survey conducted by the Asia Pacific Privacy Authorities (APPA) during Privacy Awareness Week 2011 revealed that, contrary to popular assumptions, people do care about their privacy on social networking sites.
Transparency in Decision-making. The Federal Court ordered the NSW Bar Association to permit an applicant to inspect, in private, records of information requested regarding the appointing of senior counsel (section 98 and NPP 6 of thePrivacy Act 1988 (Cth)) More
- New guideline on the use and disclosure ofhealth information for researchand statistical purposes More
- Privacy Tips for 2011
- Test your awareness of the risks of ID theft with this ID Theft Tool
- Keep your eye out for the results of the Privacy Awareness Week survey More
Last Updated on
7 May, 2013